FT8, risposta ineccepibile di Joe

On the Yahoo WSJT group, there have been a few people saying that FT8 should be a 20 second mode to give people time to click on the first CQ call by a station. Here's Joe's reply:
- - -
Hi All,
Of course anyone is welcome to share opinions here -- for example, opinions on how a piece of software should have been designed.
For the record, though, it is certainly not "impossible to respond to a CQ on the first reception of the CQ".

I'm in my 77th year. My reflexes are not what they once were; my grandchildren have to help me do some things I used to enjoy doing myself.
But answering an FT8 CQ when it's first received is easy. Check "Double-click on call sets Tx Enable" on the "Settings -> General" tab.

And if you haven't already done so, go through the full "Basic Operating Tutorial", Section 6 of the WSJT-X User Guide.

-- 73, Joe, K1JT

> chi è Joe Taylor

Post popolari in questo blog

appello per il sentiero dei Cannoni

io voto NO